12/30/07

Train Museum

It's been a big week for museums. Yesterday we went with family friends to the Danbury Railway Museum - a great place that I highly recommend. The kids all had a great time playing with the model trains, touring the old railroad cars, and shopping in the museum store. And I have to admit, checking out the Boston & Maine Mogul 2-6-0 Steam Engine built in 1907 was very cool. But the highlight for all 5 kids came when we took a look at the small bathroom on the caboose that we toured. Once they saw the compact toilet and tiny sink, it was all over for them. The potty jokes were endless (not without some prodding from a couple of immature dads, of course) and the laughs were hearty. It's pretty funny what kids actually find entertaining - in the midst of some vintage American history, they choose to focus on base toilet humor. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.