12/24/07

Maritime Museum

I took the kids to the Maritime Museum today, while Jen went to the gym. The museum had a special frog exhibit, which was actually pretty cool. But what I realized today was how much Joshua is like me, and how much Rebecca is like her mother...at least when it comes to walking through museums. Joshua was very excited about pretty much every exhibit - from the frogs, to the seals, to the model boats on display. He wanted to spend significant time looking at and absorbing each section of the aquarium. Rebecca, on the other hand, was happy to keep things moving. She looked at each of the exhibits for a few seconds, and then was ready to move on. The highlight for her was the big shark tank, which was pretty interesting. Once we passed that, she was ready to leave, and made sure that we moved quickly through the rest of the exhibit halls.

When Jen and I used to go museums (pre-kids), I would always be the one who wanted to take my time and make sure I truly absorbed everything the museum had to offer (just like Joshua). Jen was the opposite. She was happy to spend a few seconds looking at each display, and then move onto the next (just like Rebecca). Next time we go as a family, we'll have to take two cars - boys in one, girls in the other.

No comments: